[Peace-discuss] AWARE Meeting Minutes for 10/5/05

Jen Tayabji tayabji at shout.net
Sun Oct 2 21:19:52 CDT 2005

Just one comment..Under Announcements...

"The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" is being shown on October 6th (not
channel 6) at the IDF at 7pm.

Thanks,
Jen

On 10/2/05 8:21 PM, "Rich" <xxx36148 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Minutes for 10/5/05 AWARE Meeting
> =================================
>
> Facilitator - Bob Illyes
> Time Keeper - None
> Note Taker - Beavis
>

> 1. News of the Week - CGE
>
> 2. Introductions
>
> 3. New Stuff
>  - Beyond the Split (Sat. 10/22 10:00 am, 504 E. Armory) - Bob
> Wahlfeld
>  - Is anybody planning on going to the SOA protest? - Brian Dolinar
>  - Case against Urbana Police officer Hjort - Brian Dolinar
>  - Discussion of fair trial/racial justice aspects of
>     Patrick Thompson 'attempted rape' charge.
>     -- Patrick needs $3k for Harvey Welch to work on his case and
> is
>         looking for help with this
>     -- Bob Illyes will take donations
>     -- Mort suggested AWARE make a $50 contribution, related
> discussion
>
> 4. Working Groups
>
>  - Farmers' Market
>    -- Need yard signs
>    -- should we have the table during the Unity March on Sat
> (10/8)?
>  - "Big Petition" - Ricky Baldwin
>  - Main event report - Ricky Baldwin
>      -- very positive public reception
>  - Sat 10/15 is the last evening Main Event
>  - Counter Recruitment: Chan. 15 interviewed Susan Davis
>  - Karen Medina wants to start a working group for a
>      campus branch of AWARE
>  - AWARE presents: next meeting Tues 7:00 at Jan and Durl's
>
> 5. Next Week's Events
>
>  - AWARE presents: next meeting Tues 7:00 at Jan and Durl's
>  - Urbana Police Review Board planning meeting Wed 6:00
>  - American Muslim Women: "Choosing Oppression?"
>       Wed 7:00, Channing Murray
>  - IMC floor space meeting Wed 8:00
>  - IMC General Meeting Thurs 7:00
>  - "Revolution Will Not be Televised" Chan. 6, Thurs 7:00
>  - Unity March Sat. 10:00 Crystal Lake Park parking lot (or Illini
> Union)

Jen Tayabji
Executive Director
Illinois Disciples Foundation (IDF)
610 E. Springfield Ave., Champaign, IL  61820
Work (217) 352-8721 | Cell (217) 840-8248
http://www.prairienet.org/idf

"If we remember those times and places--and there are so many--where people
have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least
the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different
direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don't have to wait
for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of
presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance
of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory."

--Howard Zinn