[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [IL4Kucinich] REALITY CHECK: Just as I predicted Bush's favorability ratings go up after demonstrations capped by coercion (so-called "civil disobedience")

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 23:53:43 CDT 2005

Jim Senyszyn <jnsenyszyn at insightbb.com> wrote:To: "IL4Kucinich" <IL4Kucinich at yahoogroups.com>
From: "Jim Senyszyn" <jnsenyszyn at insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:48:41 -0500
Subject: [IL4Kucinich] REALITY CHECK: Just as I predicted Bush's favorability ratings go up after demonstrations capped by coercion (so-called "civil disobedience")

                                                 Friday, September 30, 2005

REALITY CHECK:  Just as I predicted Bush's favorability ratings

go up after  demonstrations capped with coercion (so-called "civil

disobedience").  I saw this throughout the Vietnam War against which

public opinion had turned in 1968 but which lasted seven more years

--- during which most of the casualties and fatalities occurred---

because the public hated the demonstrators more than the war.

See pollingreport.com  ( http://tinyurl.com/pme2  ) for the CNN/

USA Today Gallup poll (scroll down) which shows 45 to 50 favorability

vs unfavorability rating for Bush's job performance for polling taken

9/26 to 9/28 whereas it was 40 to 50 for polling taken 9/16 to 9/18.

FOX News poll also showed 45 to 47 for polling 9/27 to 9/28 whereas

it was 41 to 51 for polling 9/13 to 9/14.

All the money and effort for the demonstrations could have been better

spent at home for advertisements in newspapers, billboards, radio

and TV advertisements, letters to the editor, opinion pieces, speakers

bureau outreach, leafleting, tabling, and door-to-door literature drops.

Even the usually sympathetic anti-war critic Jon Stewart of  Comedy

Central's "Daily Show" ridiculed the "disorganized"  demonstration and

Cindy Sheehan's smiling arrest.

                                                Jim Senyszyn

                                                Peoria, IL

email: jnsenyszyn at insighbb.com

National Website: http://www.kucinich.us

Presidential election

Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex.
[Frank Zappa]