[Peace-discuss] Rove 'Very Involved' in Miers Pick

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Fri Oct 7 14:13:37 CDT 2005

<http://www.pensitoreview.com/2005/10/06/moonie-times-rove-very-involved-in-
miers-pick/> Moonie Times: Rove 'Very Involved' in Miers Pick

Posted October 6th, 2005 at 5:09 am by Jon

A Supreme mole: Yesterday, we
<http://www.pensitoreview.com/2005/10/05/is-miers-a-bush-team-plant/>
suggested that the nomination of Harriet Miers for the Supreme Court was an
attempt by the Bush team - particularly Vice President Cheney and Karl Rove
- to plant a crony among the Supremes because they knew Treasongate
indictments were imminent, and therefore it might be useful to have an
operative on the inside should congressional investigations move toward
impeachment.

This nomination is starting to look like an attempt at Machiavellian
intrigue by a desperate bunch of political yahoos.

Last night, we learned that the Capitol is awash in rumors on two fronts
related to the CIA Leak investigation. First, there is word that the special
prosecutor will soon issue
<http://www.pensitoreview.com/2005/10/05/rumors-in-the-capital-22-cia-leak-i
ndictments-imminent/> 22 indictments in the matter; and secondly, Rove's
attorney, Robert Luskin,
<http://www.pensitoreview.com/2005/10/05/more-dc-rumors-rove-has-received-ta
rget-letter/> refused to confirm or deny whether Rove had received a letter
from the prosecutor naming him as a target of the investigation, which is
significant because Luskin had earlier categorically denied that Rove was a
target.

Now comes this from the rightwing, Unification Church-owned
<http://washingtontimes.com/national/20051005-105715-1103r.htm> Washington
Times:

Senior Bush adviser Karl Rove was "very involved" in President Bush's
Supreme Court nomination of Harriet Miers, who was selected in part because
she has no judicial track record, according to a Republican with close ties
to the administration.

"We know that Rove was very involved in the process, and he's certainly well
tuned in to the Hill and how it works," said GOP strategist Charlie Black.
"I suspect the Senate leadership might have given him the advice to take
into consideration on how hard or how easy someone would be to confirm."