[Peace-discuss] Obama the Enabler, Counterpunch article

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 9 13:06:16 CDT 2005

[A comment from a woman in N. Carolina.  --CGE]

White left wingers (I'm black) irk me.  Sometimes
more than right wing nuts or plain old cracker barrels
that I live among in the South.  At least one knows
where the righties stand and they sure as hell aren't
afraid to voice an opinion, no matter if said opinion
is dead wrong and totally ignorant.

The lefties are scared shitless of offending black
people. God forbid Jesse, Al, or one of the other race
hustlers gets in a snit because someone said something
un-P.C.   Their fear of being labeled racist or of
damaging black folk's "delicate psyche" is patronizing
and pathetic.

Your article spoke volumes about what I observe going
on out here.

Now to my second rant:  gutless Democrats like Obama
who refuse to support immediate withdrawal from Iraq.
He and his ilk say leaving would create a bloodbath.
Have these people been watching the news lately?  Iraq
has been a bloody mess for quite a while now.  Would
it not be better to get out and save US soldiers'
lives as opposed to letting them get pulverized for
years and still end up losing a la Vietnam?

I call them gutless, but that's just one half of the
Dems' problem.  They're gutless because they fear not
following the Republican/media line will render them
unelectable.  The other half of their problem is that
they are equally tied to the corporate America that
really runs things.  These corporate folks (including
the military contractors) provide campaign
contributions, jobs for pols once they're out of
office (lobbyist, board of directors, gigs for pols'
family and friends).  I guess many of us commoners
would be hard pressed to mess up that gravy train of
riches.

Therefore, we working/middle classers won't be seeing
any real help on improving the economy, healthcare,
housing, etc. any time soon.

Obama observation:  He's been annointed the white
people's favorite black person (note to everyone black
or white:  he's BIRACIAL, damn it!!! His parents are
of different races).  They retired Colin Powell from
his reign.

I am not impressed or amused.  It's 2005, not 1805,
and I will not support candidates of any race or
gender that continue to vote against my interests.
America needs better jobs, affordable housing,
national healthcare, safer food/water, no more
senseless wars, and the list goes on.  If a Democrat
cares to truly get behind one or more of these issues,
then I will cast my vote for such.  Until then, I will
seek out whatever alternative candidate is on the
ballot or if none are found, I will leave the space
blank.

It's time for a third party, but that's a whole other
email...