[Peace-discuss] Co-Sponsor Request for PRC Anti-War Teach-In

Jen Tayabji tayabji at shout.net
Thu Oct 13 10:32:00 CDT 2005

Dear AWARE:

This is Jen from the PRC and IDF! I'm really sorry--I can't remember if we
already asked AWARE to cosponsor the upcoming Anti-War Teach-In (I know we
talked about the date..). If not, below is the request!

I am writing to ask that AWARE co-sponsor an upcoming Anti-War
Teach-In that the PRC is planning to hold at the IDF on Saturday, October
22nd, 2005, from 1pm-5pm.  The purpose of the Teach-In will be to help
educate people on issues around the movement against the current war and
occupation in Iraq.  It will feature workshops on:

**the history of veteran's movements against war (lead by Joe Miller, an
adjunct professor at UIUC and a Vietnam veteran)

**pre-enlistment counseling and counter-recruitment (lead by Ray Parrish,
military counselor for the Vi etnam Veterans Against the War)

**civil liberties (lead by members of the Champaign Co. ACLU)

Other workshops and speakers will be announced soon.

Agreeing to co-sponsor entails letting us use AWARE's name on
all our publicity as a co-sponsor.  Also, we would ask that you help us
publicize the event by announcing it to your membership/e-mail lists,
encouraging your members to attend the event, and possibly putting up some
of our flyers.  Monetary donations to help us defray the costs of putting
on the Teach-In will be appreciated, but are not required.

Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding the event or about
co-sponsorship.  I can also be reached by phone at the IDF at 352-8721.
Thank you very much for your support, and we hope to hear from you.

In Solidarity,
Jen Tayabji
PRC Co-coordinator