[Peace-discuss] RE: Are religious societies better than secular ones?

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:18:28 CDT 2005

I don't think I'm going overboard on this, Mort.  I'm just taking Monbiot at
his word.  You are correct in that he is all over the map and contradicts
himself, trashing both secular and religious societies, but I quoted
Monbiot's conclusion verbatim, and he seems to take the Gregory Paul article
seriously.  If he's not being serious, then his article is even more
pointless than I imagined.  When I have more time tomorrow, I'll write about
some methodologies that could help get at the question of whether religion
is correlated with crime rate, etc.

--Phil