[Peace-discuss] AWARE Agenda, October 16, 2005

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 10:31:57 CDT 2005

1. News of the Week (10 minutes)

2. Introductions (5 minutes)

3. New Ideas: (15 minutes)

IDF Co-sponsorship request from Jen Tayabji:

I am writing to ask that AWARE co-sponsor an upcoming
Anti-War
Teach-In that the PRC is planning to hold at the IDF
on Saturday,
October
22nd, 2005, from 1pm-5pm.  The purpose of the Teach-In
will be to help
educate people on issues around the movement against
the current war
and
occupation in Iraq.  It will feature workshops on:

**the history of veteran's movements against war (lead
by Joe Miller,
an
adjunct professor at UIUC and a Vietnam veteran)

**pre-enlistment counseling and counter-recruitment
(lead by Ray
Parrish,
military counselor for the Vi etnam Veterans Against
the War)

**civil liberties (lead by members of the Champaign
Co. ACLU)

Other workshops and speakers will be announced soon.

Agreeing to co-sponsor entails letting us use AWARE's
name on
all our publicity as a co-sponsor.  Also, we would ask
that you help us
publicize the event by announcing it to your
membership/e-mail lists,
encouraging your members to attend the event, and
possibly putting up
some
of our flyers.  Monetary donations to help us defray
the costs of
putting
on the Teach-In will be appreciated, but are not
required.

4. Working Groups: (30 minutes)

Finances

Farmers Market

Main Event

AWARE Presents

5. Last Week's Events (15 minutes for 5 and 6)

6. Upcoming Events