[Peace-discuss] Wages and Health Care

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 17 13:48:29 CDT 2005

What's remarkable is that no major US corporations are calling
for national health care so that they can lay their burden
down.  Why not?

The reason seems to be that such a plan would give workers a
measure of independence.  As it is now, the threat of losing
one's health insurance is almost a stronger inducement not to
strike, protest, or quit than losing pay.  The current system
is another weapon in the arsenal of the private tyrannies in
which we move and live and have our being...  --CGE