[Peace-discuss] some churches are speaking up

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 23 20:21:47 CDT 2005

some churches are speaking up!

The United Methodist Board of Church and Society calls for US
withdrawal from Iraq.

"As people of faith, we raise our voice in protest against
the tragedy of the unjust war in Iraq," the resolution
stated. "We urge the United States government to develop and
implement a plan for the withdrawal of its troops. The U.S.
invasion has set in motion a sequence of events which may
plunge Iraq into civil war."

http://www.umc.org/site/c.gjJTJbMUIuE/b.1118121/k.8ABD/Board_o
f_Church_and_Society_calls_for_withdrawal_from_Iraq.htm

-karen medina