[Peace-discuss] Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrator canceled

Paul Patton pipiens at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 08:43:21 CDT 2005

Good news from Physicians for Social Responsibility- P. P.

 Dear Friends,

I am writing with great news. The administration has withdrawn support for
the nuclear bunker buster, the Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrator. As a result,
Congress has stopped all funds for the program. The administration has said
it will concentrate instead on conventional options for attacking dangerous
WMD sites if necessary.

Your support has been vital in this campaign. Over the past three or four
years PSR activists have sent close to 100,000 emails to Congress, as well
as thousands of faxes, appealing for the nuclear madness the bunker
represents to be stopped. Now we have won. Last year the administration was
forced to cancel its Advanced Concepts Initiative, an open ended new nukes
design program. Now its main new nuke program, the RNEP, is gone.

Thank you for your hard work in persuading Congress to change its mind.
Together, the strength of our arguments has overcome the combined might of
the labs and the neo-cons who wanted to pursue this hellish vision of
nuclear war fighting.

Martin Butcher

P.S. If you follow the link below, you'll find the AP story that broke this
great news.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/25/AR2005102501712.html<http://takeaction.psr.org/ctt.asp?u=2438158&l=109035>

   We are committed to protecting your privacy, so your email address will
NEVER be sold or exchanged. If you would like to
unsubscribe<http://takeaction.psr.org/unsubscribe/index.asp>from this
newsletter, please reply to this message with "Remove" in the
subject line.