[Peace-discuss] Fwd: BEWARE of FEMA!!!

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 19:31:17 CDT 2005

Geraldine Perry <healthadvantage at comcast.net> wrote:Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:58:13 -0500

Subject: [PDI] BEWARE of FEMA!!!

Consider this exerpt from an article here: http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/090605_greeks_gifts.shtml

Beware America. Beware.

If we’re to follow the current media line, the litany of errors and
deliberate, callous decision making which has cost so many lives with
Katrina is to be blamed solely upon the White House. It is now a virtual
certainty that a Democrat will be placed there in 2008 (I did not say
elected and will not until we have verifiable paper ballots returned to
us). What we now see emerging clearly is that the Democrats will make it
a major plank in their platform that FEMA’s budget will be enormously
expanded, along with its authority to act independently in a “crisis.”
The poor, dispossessed and fearful will likely cheer for and demand
these steps without having the slightest clue what they are asking for.
Already I have heard Jesse Jackson pointing at FEMA and calling for
hearings. The Democrats have found their sheet music.

Intelligent critics from both left and right have for years
painstakingly documented FEMA’s paramount leadership role in Continuity
of Government (COG) operations and planning. Better described, COG is
what will happen if Congress is nuked, if a major catastrophe makes
“normal” government operations impossible, or if there is major civil
unrest (or total economic collapse). Much of FEMA’s infrastructure is
really dedicated to this task and not to disaster relief. The COG
function and authority has been greatly expanded since 9/11.

And here was a story about FEMA's actual INTERFERENCE with aid to Katrina victims:

- - Aaron Broussard - Meet the Press transcript

Aaron Broussard's comments on NBC's 'Meet the Press' --Tim Russert interviews
Jefferson Parish President, Aaron Broussard 04 Sep 2005 "AARON BROUSSARD: We
had Wal-Mart deliver three trucks of water, trailer trucks of water. FEMA
turned them back. They said we didn't need them. This was a week ago. FEMA--we
had 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel on a Coast Guard vessel docked in my parish.
The Coast Guard said, 'Come get the fuel right away.' When we got there with
our trucks, they got a word. 'FEMA says don't give you the fuel.'
Yesterday--yesterday--FEMA comes in and cuts all of our emergency
communication lines. They cut them without notice. Our sheriff, Harry Lee,
goes back in, he reconnects the line. He posts armed guards on our line and
says, 'No one is getting near these lines.'"

Transcript posted at Legitgov.org - A must read!
http://legitgov.org/transcript_russert_broussard_segment_040905.html

For MSNBC transcript:
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9179790/

Here are some quotes from select articles from one place with lots of well-referenced articles:

>From http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/FEMA_WC_JVW.html
Quote: While FEMA's charter called for planning and training activities
concerning "natural disasters, nuclear war, the possibility of enemy
attack on U.S. territory, and incidents involving domestic civil
unrest," Giuffrida focused his agency's energy and resources entirely
upon the last category. By January 1982, this emphasis had led to the
preparation of a joint FEMA-Pentagon position paper, entitled "The
Civil/Military Alliance in Emergency Management," which effectively
voided provisions of the 1877 Posse Comitatus Act
(prohibiting military intervention in domestic disturbances). . . .

. . . .The plan was considerably reinforced by Reagan's top secret
National Security Decision Directive (NSDD 26) during the spring of
1982, a pronouncement which appears to have formally interlocked FEMA,
not only with the military but with the National Security Council
(NSC). . . .By 1984, Giuffrida had installed his old friend General
Frank S. Salcedo, another counterinsurgency expert, as head of the
agency's "Civil Security Division" (CSD) and had established a "Civil
Defense Training Center" -- based on the CSTI model -- near
Emmitsville, Maryland. Here, more than 1,000 civilian police from
around the country received what FEMA euphemistically referred to as
"military police methods" for quelling domestic political unrest. . . .

. . . Meanwhile, in cooperation with the Pentagon and various federal
and local police agencies, CSD engaged in a series of national training
exercises -- "Proud Saber/Rex-82, "Pre-Nest," and "Rex-84/Night Train,"
etc. -- in preparation for a suspension of the constitution in case of
massive domestic political turmoil. The exercises envisioned "at least
100,000" U.S. citizens, identified as "national security threats" being
rounded up and thrown into concentration camps for unspecified periods.

And Quote from this doc at same site as above, at whcih you can search
for a long list of related articles: http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/JohnJudge/InOurName.html
-- The domestic implications still need to be explored in full,
especially the federal expenditures, and the federalization of decision
making by FEMA, the NSC and the Pentagon. We are in a state of declared
national emergency [since 9-11] and Congress has invoked special war
powers for the President. The "locked box" of Social Security has
clearly been raided. Tens of billions of dollars are already being
allocated to military and intelligence efforts, to agencies that have
already failed to protect us. Domestic spending priorities have been
severely altered. The economy, already part of a worldwide slump, is
slipping deeper into recession. A whole new generation may be forced to
grapple with the possibility of participating in war. The implications
are profound, but not yet fully explored.

http://mail.yahoo.com