[Peace-discuss] Katrina truck leaves Satruday - help collect food donations

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 8 14:30:09 CDT 2005

Peace and Blessings Student Citizens and All Others,
We are finally proud to say that we receive a donated 52 ft. trailer to
transport our collected  food donations to Mississippi this Saturday, 9/10.
What we are in need of:
 (1) people to comb the neighborhoods asking for donations of items such as
canned goods, baby food, diapers, dry goods, insect repellent, and bottled
water, etc.
(2) we need sorters and loaders for the truck.
Donations are to be dropped of  The Illiniois Employment Training Center,
1307 N. Mattis Av., Champaign ( just north of Bradley Av.).
Drop off hours:  Thursday, 9/8, 3pm - 9pm, Friday, 8am - 9pm, Saturday, 7am,
- 10am.  Truck leaves at 10:30am for Mississippi.
Please share this information with people on your listserv or in your
organization.   For information or to verify that this request is legitimate
and will be received by needy folks in rural Mississippi, call:  Carol
Ammons, 721-8330, or Kelly/Beth, 369-8437 or 896-2224
Thank you for your help.
Sis. Carol , CU Citizens for Peace & Justice