[Peace-discuss] let's fill this truck! food for Mississippi

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 12 10:17:33 CDT 2005

Let's fill up this truck!

Sandra, What do you need the most? Canned vegetables? Non-
perishables? Does that area of Mississippi have electricty or
cooking facilities? Do you need can openers? Old camp stoves?

Anybody have connections with a local grocery store here?
Donations or discounts on the needed items would be most
helpful.

Other groups are sending stuff to other parts of the Gulf
Coast, but this group is going to a part that isn't receiving
much attention. They need our help.

Sandra, tell us a little more about who is organizing this
trip. I heard a rumor that the black churches in town are
backing it with some of the gas money, is this true? But the
trip is 900 miles, and the truck only gets 5 miles to the
gallon of diesel. The driver is volunteering the truck and
his time (both extremely valuable).

Let us get this truck loaded and on its way. People are
suffering.

-karen medina