[Peace-discuss] Local Food Drive for Katrina victims - please help!

Joan Nelshoppen jnelshoppen at insightbb.com
Mon Sep 12 10:31:47 CDT 2005

Your pardon please, if you've received multiples of this note.

Friends,

If you are in the Champaign-Urbana-Savoy area, I want to let you know that
there is a local food drive happening this week to help hurricane survivors
in rural Mississippi who have not received much help.

Food and toiletries are being collected at the Illinois Employment Training
Center on Mattis near Bradley Ave this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
(Sept 13,14,15) from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and again from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m on all
three days.  There is a 53 ft trailer that needs filling!  Please contribute
if you are able.  If you need pick-up of your contributions, please call
(217)369-2853.

This food drive is sponsored by CU Citizens for Peace & Justice, CUAP, Salem
Baptist Church, TLC Trucking and many others.

I know many of you have donated money to hurricane relief, please consider
if you can also donate something from your pantry.  These folks need
immediate assistance!  The only food that is coming there is coming by
volunteer trucks such as this one. There is not food available to buy and
there has been no FEMA support yet.

Please forward to others in the Urbana, Champaign and Savoy region.

Thanks for helping!
Joan

For more information, please contact
Carol Ammons, CU Citizens for Peace & Justice
(217) 344-1811
lifestratinst19 at sbcglobal.net

Public Service Announcement is attached.