[Peace-discuss] Last night's meeting

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 12 12:04:30 CDT 2005

Al,

You sound very angry and frustrated. Perhaps venting publicly
helped, but it does make you seem a little less like the
level-headed, well-meaning person I know you to be, and oddly
enough, much more like the very characteristics you are
criticizing.

We have not dropped the issues, nor will we.

I was actually glad we got to discuss the issue of putting
AWARE's name on pamphlets in a real-life situation rather
than in a completely abstract hypothetical in-a-perfect-world
kind of way. Over and over again we see events come up rather
quickly and we rarely have a few weeks in which to put
something together and get approval from the group. Not doing
anything is a bad thing too. Yes, saying the wrong thing is
bad, hurtful, and a lost opportunity to be heard and
understood. But sometimes we need to get the message out that
we are frustrated and angry with the war, and the people who
can take action seem to be putting the issues off. And
sometimes it comes out wrong.

Peace and all good,
-karen medina