[Peace-discuss] Last night's meeting

Jeff Machota jmachota at shout.net
Wed Sep 14 20:59:27 CDT 2005

Morton K. Brussel wrote:

> borders on incoherence. Do you speak for all PRC members? AWARE has
> been open to anyone who wants to participate in anti-war and  antiracism
> efforts; that PRC may have been invited to join with it  does not imply
> that AWARE considered itself a "coalition of  organizations", although
> it has strived to welcome all members of  organizations sympathetic to
> its aims.

Since Ricky had made a remark about the founding of AWARE, I responded
with my impressions of the early AWARE meetings in 2001. AWARE, at that
point in its history, was presented to PRC as a "coalition of
organizations." And yes, the PRC as an organization decided at that time
after attending the first few meetings that we would no longer send
members to the AWARE meetings, since it had turned/was turning into a
coalition of individuals. That has not precluded us from co-sponsoring
events of AWARE's over the years or vice-versa.

Jeff Machota
PRC member