[Peace-discuss] Upcoming PRC Events

Jen Tayabji tayabji at shout.net
Thu Sep 22 17:09:38 CDT 2005

Dear AWARE--

This is Jen and I'm contacting you an behalf of the PRC. We have two
anti-war events planned for this semester and we wanted to touch base with
you!

Last spring, PRC and AWARE unintentionally scheduled two really good
anti-war events for the same time and day. We were hoping to avoid that this
semester so we wanted to give you a heads up about two of our events and see
if there are any known conflicts.

On October 22nd, we will be holding an anti-war teach-in in the afternoon.
Specifically we want to focus on military recruitment and pre-enlistment
counseling, amongst other issues. We are hoping to have a variety of
workshops and bring down a anti-war military counselor from Chicago to help
us learn how to most effectively go about pre-enlistment counseling.

On November 17th, the PRC wants to hold a direct action on the UI campus in
solidarity with the National "Not Your Soldier" Youth and Student Day of
Action. The event would most likely be on the UI Quad at noon and/or
thoughout the afternoon.

In the next week or so, PRC will be in contact with AWARE with more details
and to ask for cosponsorship.

At this time, we just wanted to see if there are potential conflicts during
these events and to let you know about the dates if there aren't.

Please let me know (by Monday if possible) if these dates are not in
conflict with anything you are planning etc.

Thanks!

In solidarity,
Jen
PRC Co-coordinator

Jen Tayabji
Executive Director
Illinois Disciples Foundation (IDF)
610 E. Springfield Ave., Champaign, IL  61820
Work (217) 352-8721 | Cell (217) 840-8248
http://www.prairienet.org/idf

"If we remember those times and places--and there are so many--where people
have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least
the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different
direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don't have to wait
for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of
presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance
of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory."

--Howard Zinn