[Peace-discuss] AWARE Agenda, Sept. 15, 2005

Jen Tayabji tayabji at shout.net
Sun Sep 25 16:56:57 CDT 2005

Dear David et al,

PRC will be setting the dates for these two proposed events by September
28th, so if it is not discussed at an AWARE meeting until next weekend, it
will be somewhat a mute topic.

It would be most ideal to have it discussed at tonight's meeting (that's why
I emailed AWARE three days ago about this).

**All we are asking if for AWARE to let us know if they have events
scheduled on the dates PRC is proposing for two of our anti-war events. And
if they don't, if it's possible to keep those dates free so that folks can
attend the Oct. 22nd teach-in and the Nov. 17 direct action.

Or if that cannot happen, if folks could let me know if they know of any
conflicts for our two proposed dates via email. And if AWARE could keep
those dates open if nothing has yet been scheduled.

Last spring, an AWARE event and a PRC event were accidentally scheduled on
the same date. It hurt the turnout and I think it can show a lack of
solidarity amongst the local anti-war movement (something I think both PRC
and AWARE don¹t want to encourage). I would hate to see this happen again,
and that's what we're trying to avoid.

Also, AWARE should feel free to do the same in the future (run dates by us,
or at least let us know as soon as possible so we'll try to not schedule
anything conflicting with your events.) You can contact PRC through our
coordinators, Bess (bvanass2 at uiuc.edu), Bryan (alkemeye at uiuc.edu) or myself
(tayabji at shout.net).

We are hoping we can better support AWARE in the future and vice versa as we
work on very similar causes!

Regardless of what you decide thank you for your time!

In solidarity,
Jen
PRC Co-coordinator