[Peace-discuss] Welcome home

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 13 11:57:24 CDT 2006

I agree with Karen that whoever in AWARE wants to do so should
show up at the welcome home celebration as AWARE but without
a demonstration. I certainly intend to go, as does Bob Wahlfeldt.

I remember well the ugly reception the returning Vietnam vets
received. This was incredibly inappropriate and counterproductive.
The returning folks can be some of the most effective allies
available to us with the referenda. We need to get acquainted,
and protesting at this event will stand in the way of doing so.

Bob