[Peace-discuss] Spat on?

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 13 14:52:04 CDT 2006

No one spat on me, nor did I say as much. What I did find was an
enormous hostility to the military and to anyone associated with it.

There is an unfortunate tendency in the peace movement to see the
soldier as the problem. More often than not, the soldier is the
victim of the people who promote war as a way of making a profit.
The returning veterans are often badly damaged psychologically by
what they've been through. Blaming the victim is a popular pastime
among bullies, of course.

Bob