[Peace-discuss] Spat on?

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 13 16:40:55 CDT 2006

Bob Illyes:
>the soldier is the victim of the people who promote war as a
way of making a profit.

I, who have never been in the military, think you are right
about who the victimizers are.

>Blaming the victim is a popular pastime among bullies, of course.

Yes. That is why I have a hard time imagining peace advocates
blaming the soldiers.

Sometimes people don't know how to show support for people who
have been hurt. If we were unihibited, we would throw our arms
around them and tell them that we love them. But somehow we
feel that society doesn't approve of such behavior. In fact,
we are taught that it is polite to look the other way. So in a
way we are taught to ignore the victims.

-karen medina