[Peace-discuss] William Sloane Coffin

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Thu Apr 13 22:49:33 CDT 2006

"The war against Iraq is as disastrous as it is unnecessary; perhaps
in terms of it's wisdom, purpose and motives, the worst war in
American history. Our military men and women were not called to
defend America but rather to attack Iraq. They were not called to die
for, but rather to kill for, their country. What more unpatriotic
thing could we have asked of our sons and daughters?"

Wiliam Sloane Coffin died yesterday. He was a great activist, a great
humanitarian. A great minister at Yale during turbulent times. The
quotation above is from a fond memory of him at