[Peace-discuss] Palestine Awareness Week: Sponsorship and Donation

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 16 15:24:46 CDT 2006

Just heard from Lina El-Beshbeeshy of the Arab Students Association  that they won't be able to make it to the AWARE meeting this evening -  end of semester demands combined with final plans for the next week  have them all overwhelmed.  They have accumulated many expenses  for the week's activities (see below) and still would very much  appreciate any donation AWARE is willing to give.  I know many of  the students have had to personally pay for copying, room rental,  refreshments, etc.  See Lina's email below.  I know AWARE's  support means alot to this group...  Carol

Lina El-Beshbeeshy <lelbesh2 at uiuc.edu> wrote:  Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:33:31 -0500

"...Some of the points I guess you could  bring up, are that:
1) We are still a small and new group on campus, and so our
monetary sources are very limited.
2) The school is only funding our speakers basically.
Everything else we are paying out of our own pockets.
3) The school does not pay for anything "social", so our
cultural night is not being paid for (we have to pay $200 for
the room we are renting!)
4) We need any help we can get so that our first biggest event
can look good in front of the student body and the community
so that people come to our future events.  We need to give
ourselves a good name...."

Lina El-Beshbeeshy
College of Engineering
Arab Student Association President