[Peace-discuss] Important info about new Illinois organ/tissue donor registry

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 06:55:52 CDT 2006

While not directly relevant, I thought this was important enough to pass on
to several of the mailing lists I'm on.  Please feel free to circulate widely.

This info, and signup for the new registry, can be found at
www.LifeGoesOn.com , which is apparently one of Jesse White's web sites.

**********

    * <https://www.ilsos.gov/organdonorregister/>Join the
new<https://www.ilsos.gov/organdonorregister/> First-Person Consent
Organ/Tissue Donor Registry!
    * A new law, effective Jan. 1, 2006, created a new Organ/Tissue Donor
Registry making a person's wishes to be a donor legally binding. Additional
witnesses or family consent is no longer required for donation to occur.
    * If you are listed in the old registry, family consent is still
required for donation to occur. To ensure that your decision to be an
organ/tissue donor is honored, you must
<https://www.ilsos.gov/organdonorregister/>join the new registry!

Sign Up for the New Organ/Tissue Donor Registry

The Organ/Tissue Donor Registry is a confidential computerized database
that documents a person's wishes regarding donation. Information contained
in the registry is only released to organ and tissue procurement personnel
and medical examiners after all efforts to save a person's life have failed.

First-Person Consent makes your decision to be an organ/tissue donor
legally binding. Additional witnesses or family consent is no longer
required; your wishes will be honored.

You may join the New First-Person Consent Organ/Tissue Donor Registry by
submitting the form below, by calling 1-800-210-2106 or by visiting your
nearest
<http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/facilities/home.html>Secretary
of State facility.

(I didn't copy the registration form, which was immediately below.)