[Peace-discuss] another one close to home

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 15:57:06 CDT 2006

It can probably never be said enough that though the
war is halfway around the world, it is still as close
as just down the street.  Those of us involved with
unions and Jobs With Justice just learned that one of
our friends and allies, Phil Martini (rep at Service
Employees Int'l Union Local 73) just lost a son,
killed in Iraq at 24 by sniper fire.

I know that many of us know Mohammed at World Harvest
and have felt for his family recently as they have
suffered multiple losses.  I think about my neighbor
just a block away whose friend Shawna was killed in
Iraq, and my college housemate who just returned from
Baghdad with the Army, and my good dfriend from
Buffalo who is still reporting from Iraq.  I'm sure
many of us have others we care about we could name,
too.

It just reminds me why we do this...

Take care of yourselves,
Ricky