[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Bambi in public debate

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 21 10:02:04 CDT 2006

Karen Medina wrote:

> Personally, I have no problem with gay or lesbian relationships. I think
> that being gay is not a choice nor any more unnatural than being a
> heterosexual is. I also think that any two people who want to make a
> permanent partner commitment to each other should be allowed to do so.
> And permanent partner relationships should allow for certain things like
> health insurance coverage, shared ownership of property, the ability to
> have or adopt children...
>
> But I do not expect other peace list members to agree with me on this or
> most other non-anti-war issues.

I hope you don't mean you expect other peace list members to *dis*agree
with you on this...  Hope most would heartily agree.  Certainly I do!

Wish I'd been able to attend last night's debate.

I have an offering for the rhetoric on the proposed (ugh,
bet we'll see it raised again in the runup to the fall elections)
definition-of-marriage constitutional amendment.  It deserves
to be called the Unequal Rights Amendment.

Cheers

   Stuart