[Peace-discuss] Hawaii to Iraq

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 02:16:33 CDT 2006

If what you two are saying is true - and I'm not disagreeing - then what
difference does it make whether or not we somehow succeed in impeaching
Bush?  What difference does it make how many Americans regard American
foreign policy (or domestic policy) as "fundamentally wrong and
immoral"?  The two of you (and Kinzer, if he was just a bit more aware of
the implications of his own data) would seem to be suggesting that American
policy has remained substantially the same (intentionally and fundamentally
wrong and immoral) for 100 years, irrespective of administration in power
and irrespective of public opinion.  So why should we bother with activism
at a national level at all?  Aren't we just tilting at windmills?  Pissing
in the wind?  Isn't the sole achievable purpose, really, to pull an
isolated body out of the fire here and there?

John Wason