[Peace-discuss] Hawaii to Iraq

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 23 21:58:09 CDT 2006

I think Marx put it well when he said (at the beginning of the
Eighteenth Brumaire), "People make their own history, but they do not
make it as they please; they do not make it under self-selected
circumstances, but under circumstances existing already, given and
transmitted from the past..."  --CGE