[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] C-U MTD advertising options

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 10:34:55 CDT 2006

Thanks a lot, Stuart, for keeping on this.

I think it's an excellent idea and well worth the
money, especially the interior signs (which is a
nominal cost for AWARE).

I still think we need a fundraiser *for this effort*
and I'd be willing to work with others on that.  We
could use the money for, say, 5-10 exterior signs?
Radio, TV, newspaper ads?  To pay for the yard signs
we've already bought, if nothing else?

In general we shouldn't think that advertizing is
going to carry this for us - it's going to take
legwork, door to door legwork in my opinion, petitions
in public places, etc. - BUT: (1) fundraising is an
excellent organizing tool, a way to get people
involved who may not have time to knock on doors or
have a good place to put a sign up, etc., and it
generates momentum, which I think we will need (esp.
in Champaign, if you don't mind my saying so); (2) ads
can't hurt, and they get people talking who we won't
necessarily reach with face-to-face contact, and it
primes folks we don't know for conversations we might
then have with them (they already know what we're
talking about), it may generate letters to the editor
(which can only help us)...

Anybody else?
Ricky
328-3037