[Peace-discuss] Lysistrata in Connecticut

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 02:09:42 CDT 2006

>From the campaign trail in Connecticut:

>From Sunday morning thru Tuesday I was in Connecticut, volunteering
with the Lamont campaign while also keeping up with my other
responsibilities, e.g. doing radio interviews on UNGA Uniting for
Peace efforts for a ceasefire in Lebanon with Radio Iran.

On Tuesday (my birthday!) I volunteered to stand outside a polling
place, holding a Lamont sign and passing out palm cards.

A woman parked her car and walked over to me. She pointed out a man
walking towards us. "That guy," she said, "is with me. Between this
corner and the polling place, I'm going to turn him from a Lieberman
voter to a Lamont voter, or he's not getting laid tonight." "Oh," I
said approvingly, "you're playing hardball."

A few minutes later she emerged from the polling place with her
companion. "Hey!" she said. I looked at her. She held two fingers in
the air. Two votes for Lamont.