[Peace-discuss] Analysis by Phyllis Bennis

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Thu Aug 10 14:25:25 CDT 2006

…The destruction of Iraq, the U.S.-led international sanctions and
embargo against Palestine in the context of an escalating Israeli
military assault in Gaza, and Israel's current war of annihilation
against Lebanon, all are part of a linked U.S.-Israeli strategy to
eliminate all resistance to their regional domination and control.
The Bush administration is not supporting Israel because its resident
neo-cons are more loyal to Israel than to the United States, but
because their vision of a strategically unchallenged U.S. drive
towards global empire, in which no nation or group of nations
anywhere in the world even imagines it could match or surpass U.S.
economic or military might, requires a militarized, expansionist
Israel to play that same role on a regional level in the Middle East.

The full article is at: http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?
SectionID=22&ItemID=10740

And we must be skeptical at the most recent terror alarm; no details
of consequence are disclosed, and we can be suspicious of the timing.
Time will tell, maybe

--mkb