[Peace-discuss] Chicago Tribune prepares to invade Iran

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 29 21:06:30 CDT 2006

Davis Hanson is a joke, an awful hack who has written shameless
propaganda for the Bush wars, cloaked in his pretensions as an ancient
historian.  This is a good example -- racist incitement pretending to be
analysis.  But the media are being flooded with this stuff.  It more and
more seems that Bush & Co. want an attack on Iran to be the climax of
their second administration, as the invasion of Iraq was the climax of
their first.  (And these could be read as support for my current dark
imaginings, that what the US & Israel will try is an Inchon/Normandy
sort of landing on the Iranian coast, say at Bushehr, which the British
occupied in the 19th and 20th centuries.) --CGE