[Peace-discuss] Get On the Bus and March in DC on Jan. 27th.

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 07:38:29 CST 2006

*** PLEASE FORWARD & CIRCULATE WIDELY ***
Friends,
United for Peace & Justice is organizing a national March on Washington, January
27, 2007.  A number of Chicago area peace organizations have co-sponsored the
Chicago area mobilization for this March and are organizing to turn out as many
people as we can.   We want to invite you to Get On the Bus and March in DC on
Jan. 27th.

Why March in Washington?
The Iraq War is barreling toward its fourth year, with almost 3,000 US soldiers
dead, over 20,000 seriously wounded, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed;
the number maimed, tortured, imprisoned, and displaced is truly staggering.
While the American electorate voted overwhelming opposition to the course in
Iraq, our elected representatives are poised to approve $160 billion (beyond the
annual defense budget) for the Iraq War, assuring the war would continue for
years to come.  The time to demand that our elected leaders represent the
majority will of Americans and stop this war is NOW.  This really is the tipping
point we've all been working for.  We need to pressure Congress to take action
to stop this war - NOW.

ROUGH PLANS THUS FAR:
-Estimated Cost is $100 - $120 (bus negotiations currently underway).
-Two convenient departure locations:
-Elmhurst: departing from Wilder Park, approximately 5pm, Friday January 26th.
Free weekend parking garage one block away; Wilder Park is 2 blocks from
Elmhurst Metra station.
-Chicago: depart from the UNITE HERE Hall, approximately 6pm, Friday January
26th.  Address: 333 S. Ashland, right off I-290 at Ashland, parking garage
nearby.
-Estimated Schedule:  We'll drive through the night Friday night, march
Saturday, drive out of DC late Saturday afternoon, drive through the night
Saturday night, returning to the Chicago area at approximately around noon
Sunday.

PLEASE CONTACT US:
(Send an email with 'DC Bus' subject line to wsfpc at comcast.net , answering):
1) Do you want to travel on the Elmhurst & Chicago bus to DC, January 26-28?
2) Your name, email address, phone number, organization (if you like)?
3) Do you expect to board in Elmhurst or Chicago?
4) How many people do you expect to travel with you?
5) Would you prefer to return on Sunday or Monday (after the Lobby Day)?
6) Would you/your organization like to help with planning for the trip?
7) Can you/your organization help with publicity & outreach?
8) Would your organization like to be listed as a co-sponsor?

Let us know if you want to ride the bus to DC:
We encourage people to contact us as soon as possible if you plan to ride the
bus, so we'll know how many people to expect and how to plan for that.
Reservations are not confirmed until money is received.  We'll email you more
exact details regarding times and exact cost as soon as plans are finalized
(probably by Dec. 20th).

Organizations Supporting the Elmhurst & Chicago Buses to DC:
Chicagoans Against War & Injustice,  DuPage Peace Through Justice Coalition, Fox
Valley Citizens for Peace & Justice, Lincoln Park Neighbors United for Peace,
Jobs with Justice, Oak Park Coalition for Truth & Justice, Near West Citizens
for Peace & Justice, North Shore Coalition for Peace & Justice. North Suburban
Peace Initiative, Voices for Creative Nonviolence, West Suburban Faith-based
Peace Coalition, (List in Formation)

When the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Let's mobilize like we never have before and stop this war - NOW.
I hope you'll Get On the Bus and join us in DC.
Peace,
-Dave Martin
West Suburban Faith-based Peace Coalition

ps: for more information about the March see the UFPJ website at
www.unitedforpeace.org

Before you call 9/11 conspiracy nuts crazy, explain what happened to 7 World Trade Center (WTC7) and how it was accomplished. (Never heard of WTC7 before, have you? – that’s not surprising, it’s the camel in the tent that everybody ignores.)