[Peace-discuss] Cartoon hysteria

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 9 10:54:56 CST 2006

I agree, discrimination and injustice are horrible. And they
should never be ignored. But the discrimination and
injustice is much much deeper than the cartoon situation.
Especially in France. Even here in the US I could see this
going back and forth for a long time, "well if they did
that, then we need to do this." Acts of discrimination and
injustice are exploiding each round.

And take a look at what Rice is trying to do with it...
point fingers at Syria and Iran saying that they are feeding
the fires, while she herself is using it to build up
international hatred in order to justify ...

When anger rules, we hand over power to those who know how
to manipulate.

-karen medina