[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Darfur dvd

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 18 19:35:46 CST 2006

[1] In the meantime, The NY Times today ran an article that
reveals the administration's NATO plans (cf. NATO in Serbia in
1999):

<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/18/politics/18prexy.html?_r=
1&hp&ex=1140238800&en=ffafe734d9ef8f58&ei=5094&partner=
homepage&oref=slogin>.

[2] The Washington Post runs an informative brief review tomorrow:

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/
2006/02/16/AR2006021601898.html>.

[3] Reuters today carries a response from the Khartoum government:

<http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews
&storyID=2006-02-18T113238Z_01_MCD830932_RTRUKOC_0_US-SUDAN-
DARFUR.xml&archived=False>.

[4] This Wikipedia article has good background:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfur_conflict>.

[5] The best single article on the subject in the last year or
so is probably Alex de Waal's:

<http://www.lrb.co.uk/v26/n15/waal01_.html>.

Regards, CGE