[Peace-discuss] great Town Hall, now contact Council

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 10:55:00 CST 2006

Hey!  It went great!

All the presentations were good and most were
excellent, I thought.  Danielle, Mort and Bushra I
thought really knocked people over.  I know they moved
me, and I thought I was already there!  But they were
all good.  And Gary did an excellent job of running
the thing, introducing folks, etc.  Really tight.
Refreshing.

I was even glad to hear from the guy at the very end
who was in agreement but pessimistic.  He inspired
Mohammad's remarks, which were the strongest he had
made during the event and for my part very welcome,
and Belden's response, which was a perfect way to wrap
up.

In fact I wish there had been a few actual non-choir
folks there (besides Mike Monson of the News-Gazette,
that is) to heat it up a little.  It's always great to
feel that your side has a good turn out, but a little
diversity of opinion always warms the soul.

By the way, I just emailed my City Council member - I
hope you have, too.  (If not, there's still time
before sunset!)