[Peace-discuss] RE: The Christmas He Dreamed for All of Us

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 4 03:13:40 CST 2006

This collection of red herrings would do the late Fulton Fish
Market proud.  And it ends with a call for church discipline
that would warm the cockles and muscles (I know, I know) of
the heart of the new bishop of Rome ... alive, alive-oh. (Damn
-- the style is catching.)

Along the way it touches on a bromide -- that the Abrahamic
religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) share a peculiar
notion of deity -- and implies (I think) an unhistorical
reading of the Hebrew bible ("hideously draconian old
testament law").

But of course Christianity is threatening.  It's supposed to
be.  Jesus was executed by an occupying army as a political
threat, and announcers of the Christian good news were
apparently regularly regarded as "people who have been turning
the world upside down" (Acts 17.6b).

Christians and AWAREists should get back to that job.  --CGE