[Peace-discuss] What I Heard about Iraq in 2005

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 6 14:42:09 CST 2006

The piece from the London Review -- Eliot Weinberger's "What I
Heard about Iraq in 2005" -- is long but very much worth
reading.  It's a devastating portrayal of the recent
propaganda on the war.  Weinberger's earlier piece, "What I
Heard about Iraq," appeared in the LRB in February 2005 and
has been published as a book by Verso.  A worldwide reading of
it will take place on 20 March, the third anniversary of the
invasion.  (I'll be doing it on WEFT and would like to recruit
a couple of other voices.) --CGE

  <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n01/wein01_.html>