[Peace-discuss] IMC today and future

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 7 08:39:19 CST 2006

The IMC is kicking into high gear. We plan on having daily open hours
beginning January 28th with a lending library, a book-store, coffee, public
access computer terminals, and production facilities.

We need help on two fronts.

1)  Today, Saturday at 3pm, we will be moving couches, display cabinets,
tables,
chairs, and books from the basement to the first floor.

We need you to help! Really we do. We need at least 10 people to make this
go quickly and would so appreciate your help. Please show up if you can
lend a hand.

2) Would you like to staff the IMC during our daily open hours? This
involves a weekly committment of at least two hours. You need to be a member
of the IMC and pay a $20 key deposit.

What will you do?

You will greet new vistors to the IMC, be available to give tours of the
building, hand out brochures about the IMC, register new members, check
books out of the library, and  sell books/ zines/ and other items using the
cash register. There will be a trainings prior to January 28th.

You will most likely also be able to read, study, do production, or surf the
web.

You will be provided a list of other workers to trade and fill in for each
other. We have a few people who are willing to do many hours and so we know
this is going to happen; however we want as many people as possible instead
of just a few, so that we have plenty who can fill in for each other and to
provide an opportunity for MANY to be part of the IMC.

Our proposed tentative hours are:
Monday thru Thursday: 2 to 8pm
Friday and Saturday: Noon – 4pm

Proposed staff training times are Tuesday Jan 24, 7pm and Saturday Jan 28
9am.

Please email melodye at nitrogendesign.com if you are interested in staffing
and what hours
are your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice. Melodye Rosales is the staffing
coordinator for the IMC. She will be notifiying you as to when staff
training will take place and what the schedule is.

Peace to you all,
Sandra