[Peace-discuss] Truly scary stuff: Are we all helpless before King George?

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 9 09:02:55 CST 2006

C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> [In fact, this is it below.  The McCain anti-torture amendment

[Bush is in the habit of making signing statements. -karen medina]

"In striking contrast to his predecessors, President Bush issued at
least 435 signing statements in his first term alone. And, in these
statements and in his executive orders, Bush used the term 'unitary
executive' 95 times."
- http://writ.news.findlaw.com/commentary/20060109_bergen.html