[Peace-discuss] Fw: Mining for kids: Children can't opt out of Pentagonrercruitment database

Janine Giordano jgiord2 at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 18 08:40:30 CST 2006

Subject: [SNCC-List] Mining for kids: Children can't opt out of Pentagonrercruitment database

Mining for kids: Children can't "opt out" of Pentagon recruitment database
By Kathryn Casa | Vermont Guardian

posted January 17, 2006

Parents cannot remove their children's names from a Pentagon database that includes highly personal information used to attract military recruits, the Vermont Guardian has learned.

http://www.vermontguardian.com/national/012006/Pentagon.shtml

This list is for describing and discussing what we did in the Freedom Movement, what it meant to us, and what we have done since. For sharing our views on what our successes and failures were, what we did right and what mistakes we made. For sharing among ourselves our views and thoughts about current events and the roles we are playing today. It is for rebuilding the beloved community that we were all once part of, and for continuing the tradition of mutual support that saw us through dark days. To those ends, free and honest discussion of issues and ideas is encouraged, but personal attacks on named individuals or carrying on old vendettas is not appropriate.

________
SNCC-List mailing list
SNCC-List at list.mail.virginia.edu