[Peace-discuss] Bin Laden dead?

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Sun Jan 22 23:31:38 CST 2006

Who knows? --mkb

America's Top Bin Laden Expert: Osama's Dead, the Tape is Phony: ABC
News
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local
<http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=3828678> &id=3828678

Op-Ed by Kevin Barrett, http://mujca.com <http://mujca.com/>

As a Ph.D. Islamologist and Arabist I really hate to say this, but
I'll say
it anyway: 9/11 had nothing to do with Islam. The war on terror is as
phony
as the latest "Bin Laden tape." (1)

It's a tough thing to admit, because I know on which side my bread is
buttered-and dropping Islam from the 9/11 equation is dropping my
slice of
bread butter-side-down. The myth that 9/11 had something to do with
Muslims
has poured millions, if not billions, into Arabic and Islamic studies. I
finished my Ph.D. last year, so all I have to do is keep my eyes in my
pocket and my nose on the ground, parrot the party line, and I'll be
on the
fast track to tenure track.

The trouble is, it's all based on a Big Lie. Take the recent "bin Laden"
tape-please! That voice was no more bin Laden than it was Rodney
Dangerfield
channeling my late Aunt Corinne from Peoria. I recently helped
translate a
previously unknown bin Laden tape, a real one from the early 90's,
back when
he was still alive. I know the guy's flowery religious rhetoric. The
recent
tape wasn't him.

The top American bin Laden expert agrees. Professor Bruce Lawrence,
head of
Duke University's Religious Studies department, has just published a
book of
translations of bin Laden's speeches. He says the recent tape is a
fake, and
that bin Laden has been dead for years. (2)

Ersatz Bin Laden tapes, "verified" by the CIA, are nothing new. Every
"Bin
Laden" statement since 2001 has been blatantly bogus. The last we
heard from
the real Bin Laden came in his post-9/11 statements to Pakistani
journalists: "I stress that I have not carried out this act, which
appears
to have been carried out by individuals with their own motivation...
I have
already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the
United States... I had no knowledge of these attacks..." (3)

Then on December 13th, 2001, as George Bush was whining about the
"outrageous conspiracy theories" that were spreading like wildfire, the
first and shoddiest of the "Bin Laden speaks from beyond the grave"
tapes
appeared. The video's sound and picture quality were horrible. It
showed a
big guy with a black beard, doing a passable imitation of Bin Laden's
voice,
claiming foreknowledge, if not responsibility, for the 9/11 attacks, and
chortling over their success. The trouble was, the big guy clearly
was not
Bin Laden. He was at least 40 or 50 pounds heavier, and his facial
features
were obviously different. (4)

The "Fatty Bin Laden" tape was widely ridiculed, and I have yet to
meet an
informed observer who considers it authentic. (If you haven't figured
this
out yet, go back and look at the images from the tape, and compare
them to
other images of Bin Laden.) But the media let the fraud pass without
asking
the hard questions: Why was the US government waving this blatantly fake
"confession" video in our faces?

Perhaps due to the widespread hilarity evoked by "Fatty Bin Laden,"
the next
"Osama from beyond the grave" message had no images-it was an audio tape
delivered to al-Jazeera in fall, 2002. The CIA verified it as
authentic, and
then got a rotten egg in the face when the world's leading voice
identification experts at IDIAP in Switzerland reported that "the
message
was recorded by an impostor." (5)

Every "bin Laden" message since then has been equally phony. They are
released at moments when the Bush Regime needs a boost-and the American
media goes along with the fraud. Remember the bogus bin Laden tape
that made
headlines right before the 2004 presidential elections? If you didn't
figure
out that it was a CIA-produced commercial for George Bush, I have
some great
bridges to sell you. Walter Cronkite, bless his heart, opined that
Karl Rove
was behind that tape. (6) But the rest of the media just kept pretending
that the Emperor was clothed.

And the fraud continues. Last week's "bin Laden" tape has been
ridiculed by
America's top bin Laden expert-yet the US media keeps right on holding a
transparent fig leaf in front of the Emperor's crotch! Professor
Lawrence
believes that this phony tape was designed to distract world opinion
from
the horrific massacre of Pakistani civilians by an errant CIA drone.
But it
may have another, more sinister purpose: To prepare public opinion for
another false-flag 9/11 style attack designed to trigger a US-Israeli
nuclear attack on Iran. (7)

As our top Bin Laden expert Professor Lawrence informs us, the real Bin
Laden, who insisted that he had nothing to do with 9/11, has been
dead for
quite some time--probably 1since 2001. The fake messages have been
fabricated by al-CIA-duh to support the Bush regime and its phony
"war on
terror." It is time for Americans to rise up in revolt against the
fake-terror masters who are looting US taxpayers, torching our
Constitution,
demolishing our economy, and threatening nuclear Armageddon.

About the author:

Kevin Barrett holds a Ph.D. in Arabic, with a focus in Islamic
Studies, from
the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is a co-founder of the
Muslim-Jewish-Christian Alliance for 9/11 Truth: http://mujca.com
<http://mujca.com/>