[Peace-discuss] Book Discussion

Tammy Watts tammyewatts at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 21:48:43 CST 2006

Hello Everyone:

  I just saw this in the Accent:

  "Book discussion.  9 to 10 a.m. Jan. 29, Community United Church of Christ, 805. S. Sixth St., Champaign.  Examination of Christian attitudes toward war, based on "War is a Force That Gives Us Meaning" by Chris Hedges.  367-7329.

  I'm not familiar with the book, and not sure that I can attend, as child care is always a challenge for me.  I discussed possible involvment with the Church Presence committee before the holidays, and I apologize for my long silence.  I spent an extended period of time (6 weeks) in Ohio and didn't mean to be rude to anyone, or leave you hanging.

  Whether anyone has read that book, it might be a good opportunity to sit in and measure the "pulse" of this particular group.  Just wanted to throw it out there in case there is interest.

  Best Regards,
  Tammy