[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Message from Senator Barack Obama

John W. jbw292002 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 8 04:36:54 CDT 2006

At 03:11 PM 7/5/2006, Robert Naiman wrote:

>He feels our pain. Is that not enough?
>
>For a U of C professor, his command of the mother tongue is a little
>lacking, I must say.
>
>"The question is whether the president understood the law and
>knowingly flaunted it..."
>
>No one would accuse the President of having flaunted FISA. The
>question is whether he flouted it.

Ah, but he does say in the preceding paragraph, "No president should be
allowed to knowingly and willing flout our laws, and I believe the
President exceeded his authority with his domestic wiretapping program."

I personally was troubled by this sentence:  "But my and Senator Feingold's
view is not unanimous."  I wouldn't even know where to start critiquing
that one.  :-)

Those of us who fancy ourselves grammarians should volunteer to write
Senator Obama's replies for him.  I receive a fairly lengthy and
superficially thoughtful response from him every time I contact him, so he
must spend a great deal of time on these missives of his.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Most sincerely,

John Wason