[Peace-discuss] School for Designing a Society looks for student housing!!

Susan Parenti sparenti at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 12 11:40:28 CDT 2006

Hello, AWARE friends. Our School is back from its June session at the
Gesundheit Institute in West Virginia--we had over 20 students and
nearly 10 visiting teachers/guests (hmmm, good teacher-to-student
ratio). To work/play/design with people who want to fundamentally
change our current system, was gratifying.

This September 2006 we will have a Fall semester of the School for
Designing a Society, with sessions taking place at the IMC. Right now
we have over 10 out-of-state and out-of-country students coming to
Urbana (in addition to participants who reside here).

We are looking for housing/apartmenting for these 10 out-of-towners.
Most of these students are in their 20's. They would pay rent.

  Do any of you have a spare room/rooms, that would welcome such a
roomer? Or know of an apartment of house for rent? You would have the
benefit of a social-change minded young person in your house---and
maybe, in these dark times, such a spirit could be a gift.

let me know!
Susan Parenti, School for Designing a Society