[Peace-discuss] Don't just wait.

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 16 22:12:01 CDT 2006

 From the Bush/Putin joint news conference, Saturday:

BUSH: I talked about my desire to promote institutional change in parts
of the world, like Iraq, where there’s a free press and free religion.
And I told him that a lot of people in our country would hope that
Russia will do the same thing. I fully understand, however, that there
will be a Russian-style democracy.

PUTIN: We certainly would not want to have same kind of democracy as
they have in Iraq, quite honestly.

[Laughter.  When Putin's remark is finally translated for Bush, he reddens.]

BUSH: Just wait.

	###