[Peace-discuss] Need someone to join me 6:30PM Tuesday...

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 20 12:36:45 CDT 2006

AWAREistas,

We've had a request from a Prof. Ken Culton, who is teaching a class in the
School of Social Work this summer at the UofI to have 2 or 3 folks from our
group to come and speak as a panel about AWARE. In this class, they are studying
the nature of grassroots activist groups, particularly those who stand up to
power or the prevailing mainstream in a David vs. Goliath sort of way. Ken came
to us (twice) at the Farmer's Market. I volunteered a while back along with
Linda W. to go. But the scheduling didn't work out for Linda.

Is there anyone who can join me (2 others would be ideal) this Tuesday from
6:30-7:30PM or so on campus (241 Everitt Lab)? This could raise our visibility
with progressive/activist students on campus. Who knows what it might lead to -
perhaps fulfillment of the long-discussed idea of an AWARE student chapter.

Let me know...