[Peace-discuss] Those on the Top Won't Make It Stop

Susan Parenti sparenti at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 25 19:51:35 CDT 2006

Please Forward Widely

“Thinking Outside the Box:
  [re]Designing Our Health CareSystem”
   Sept.  20-24th, Harrisonburg Virginia

Patch Adams MD and the School for Designing a Society invite you to a
five day educational intensive on “thinking outside the box” of our
health care system.

The intensive specifically addresses those people who feel the
current health care system is undesirable, and want tools, time, and
comraderie to figure out ‘what else’, and ‘how do we make it happen’?
All stakeholders in health care are welcome.

Teaching sessions, small-group design work, informational tutorials,
networking, clowning, are offered.

Among the 10 presenters: Patch Adams MD; Jay Bhatt, AMSA Pres;
Paul Glover, Ithaca Hours and Health Democracy; Susan Parenti DMA,
School for Designing a Society; John Glick MD, Gesundheit Institute.

*Location: Massanetta Springs Conference Center, Harrisonburg VA
*Dates: Sept. 20, Wednesday afternoon---Sept. 24,  Sunday afternoon.
*Tuition: Early Bird: by August 20, $500
               Shoo-In: by September 20, $600
*Lodging/Food: Cost $224 total.
*Financial Aid: Need-based scholarships available.
*Online Application: www.designingasociety.org/sept.html
*Questions? contact Susan at healthintensive at yahoo.com