[Peace-discuss] call-in day

karen medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 23 03:02:57 CDT 2006

 > national call-in day by TASSC (Torture Abolition and Survivors Support
 > Coalition International )
TASSC has declared the month of June as Torture Awareness Month. Let us
raise our voices and declare: "No Torture. Not Now. Not Ever." We must
not be bystanders! Instead, let us stand together against torture
#  Friday, June 23: National Call-In Day: We are calling on private
citizens, human rights organizations, and interfaith networks to carry
out an intensive telephone campaign against torture by calling Members
of Congress. Our goal is to have every telephone on Capitol Hill ringing
out constantly against torture, so please organize your families and
friends. Let no phone line be silent!
# Sunday, June 25: International Bell-Ringing: SOUND OUT AGAINST
TORTURE! At exactly twelve noon Eastern Standard Time, we are inviting
people around the globe to sound out against torture. Let your church
bells ring, city hall or university bells ring, sound the shofar or the
temple gongs and chimes, sing or clap your hands together. There are
countless different ways to cry out against torture, so we invite your
creativity and diversity.

http://tassc.org/