[Peace-discuss] Fw: [Aware] Oct 28: National Day of Action

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 29 16:36:15 CDT 2006

Just received at our aware at anti-war.net address...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arab Student Association at UIUC" <asa.uiuc at gmail.com>
To: <aware at anti-war.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:37 AM
Subject: [Aware] Oct 28: National Day of Action

: Hi to all my fellow anti-war activists,
:
: I am the President of the Arab Student Association at UIUC (you may remember
: me from the Palestine Awareness Week that we held).  I recognized that on
: the 28th of October, many protests will be held across the nation to call
: for an end to the occupations in Iraq, Palestine, Haiti, and everywhere else
: (according to ANSWER  http://www.internationalanswer.org/).  I would love if
: we could work together, and ask many other organizations for support, to
: hold a large protest that day on campus.  If we could have some kind of
: march and end up on the Quad, I think that would be really successful
: (something like what the Latino community did concerning the immigration
: acts).  I know it is really early to start taking action with this, but I
: always say "the earlier, the better".  I guess it is just something to think
: about, and maybe once school starts we can start asking other organizations
: for their help and support.  Please let me know if you would like to work
: with us to organize such an event.  Thanks a lot for your time and efforts
: in our aide!
:
: Lina El-Beshbeeshy
: ASA President